Sunday, April 27, 2008

Make it at the Hawaiian Luau.

Clarys, Rachel, Yee Lian ( :

Took me long enough to post about CAL's event huh.
Heh ( :
So yes it was last Friday, the 25th at MPH, Taylor's.
To sum it up real quickly, it started off boring, pretty much cos the people weren't in the mood yet I guess. And the first band that went up played rock/metal songs which I would think made it hard for the crowd to dance to ? Cos the beat wasn't right for dancing.

Things began to hype up once limbo started and it was pretty fun towards the end. Prolly cos of the dance floor, what with everyone loosening up and dancing the night away. Dance music was good but the company was great ( :
I moved quite a bit between my classmates and my other friends. Hung with Zhen before the dancefloor cos I lost Yi Ming haha. She met friends and I met friends and the next thing I know, poof ! Mana Yi Ming ? haha but we later met up at the dancefloor ! And I had the pleasure of seeing her shake her booty yo ! Haha that girl can really dance ( ;

So yeah, mostly danced with Yee Lian, Clarys, Scottong, Yi Ming, Ying Xian, Princess, Zhen, Mim and a whole lot of other people : D It was great fun tehe
The most nerve wrecking part of the night was when dear Princess pulled, or rather dragged, me up to the stage as a nominee for best dressed. Hahaha I can still remember my conversation with Zhen that was interrupted with "Rachel ! GO !"

So there I was, sitting in front in between Zhen and Scott. I turned to Zhen and started asking her opinion on this particular guy and well yeah, we were basically checking out the guys by the door and such when Princess came to me and "Rachel-ed" Haha I was shell shocked. I mean I knew the best dressed thing was going on and that was why I started talking to Zhen actually cos I knew the "picking-people-to-go-on-stage" part would be mighty boring to sit through haha. Mana tau I have to go up pulak. And I was wearing flops. Orange flops. Not that it's a big deal, but it was a tad too striking lol.

Tengok-tengok, I knew 2 out of the other 3 girls that were nominated. Vanusha was on my left, a girl from PB-smtg (I'm so sorry I forgot your name haha) and then.. Clarys ! Haha she's my very own classmate and I know Vanu too. So yes, standing up there under the close scrutiny of the crowd, dressed in nothing but a pario (on top) and a skirt paired with orange flops does make one a teeny bit nervous haha. Vanu won in the end, you go girl ( : What she wore was really hawaiian, unlike mine which was actually beachy haha. Clarys said it was colder up on stage and actually yeah it was lol Oh and sometimes I am such a nut la. So pathetic. I brought my handbag up on stage -.- Haha ! Like hello ? Leave your bag on the chair la ! I mean who in the right mind would bring their ginourmous huejungous white bag on stage ? haha sure enough I was the only girl out of the four that took her handbag up. So lame la. Well, that's Rachel for you, ladies and gentlemen.

Me, Chithra, Izzat, Ashviny.

Oh and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY IZZAT !
Even though I already wished you haha.
And this fella can dance too ! ( ;

Oh and my mum got me Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto Shine !!
Wah so ecstatic. Haha always wanted it but it's quite expensive la and I mean, I'm only a student, no need for perfume. But I fell in love with Shine way long ago, just never got it. Then my mum texted me on Friday, saying it was Bonuslink Members' Day and she had vouchers to spare. So she got me Shine ! My very own, first ever : D
I've always shared my mum's since I like some of the ones she has like Coco Chanel and Hugo Boss' Femme. But to finally have one's own is pretty amazing ( :
The only slight let down is that it's EDT. How nice if it was EDP. But whatever, I like ( :

Oh wells, I'm off to do alot of things now. Busybusy me. So till next time ( :
Have a good night ahead !

No comments: