Thursday, April 17, 2008

Make it time for a change.

I had a glorious lunch today ( :
And no, it's not another sandwich heh.

Well I was at Ikea with my mum and so, being famished and all, I got myself some meatballs ( :
Complete, duh, with sauce and allll. I guess it's not that grand or whatever but it tasted so good. After downing that I had a slice of Daim cake all to myself mm-mmmm.
Went downstairs, paid for stuff, and got a soft-serve ice-cream.
Wah the Ikea ice-creams seriously can die wan lor. It's fantastical ! Haha I know it might be just plain vanilla served on a cone but it has a different vanilla taste, if that's possible. Yknow what I mean ?
Of course you don't know what I mean. Becausebecause I just realized how terribly silly I sound.
It's like saying chocolate has a different chocolate taste. And how can that be ?! Chocolate is chocolate la, there's no other chocolate taste, cos then it wouldn't be called chocolate but something else !
Bahh.
Don't care, still insisting that it's a different vanilla taste ( :

I really like going to Ikea. Seriously. Do you ? Cos I realized that some people don't enjoy it as much as I do. Prolly cos we're all different huh. But I'm up for Ikea anytime man, anytime.

It's such a wonderful place ! All the furniture and crockery and art and lighting. I guess it's cos I'm always up for a change. Like I like to decorate stuff and see how I can make my room nicer and find all the small quirky stuff that I can make into presents and little gifts for friends. It's such a cool feeling, that rush I get when I step into Ikea. So excited. I guess when I say I like shopping, it also means this kinda shopping, not just shopping in the normal girl term, for clothes/shoes etc. Heck I even like shopping for new cupboards and containers. Yes, containers. What kinda containers ? Like today I was positively over the moon when I finally finally found a blue plastic container that has various compartments and perfect for me to put all my beads/craft stuff/jewellery/sequins/lace/whatever things in ! Haha finding that container itself was satisfying.

Then I finally got myself a noteboard, or whatever you call it. It's the brown type made of cork in the middle that you can pin notes to using the pins. I've always meant to get one but always forget to. Heck, I even had to paste all my handwritten moral nilais and kata kuncis on my wall lah. So yes, I was ecstatic that I finally got one today. But it's so plain. Just so.. brown. Nevermind, I'll make it pretty tonight ( : A small lamp went home with me too ! Translucent white with frosted cherry blossoms all over it. The lamp is actually the size of a tiny fish bowl. It's totally round and ah hah, I found a thing I could compare it to. A new role of toilet paper. Haha ! : D But really, it's that size, slightly smaller, but round all the way ! And it looks splendid on my white table ( : And gives out some very bright light too. Emanates light and causes you to see illusions like dancing cherry blossoms on the walls. I guess I'm pretty much quite into interior designs.

Upon entering Borders, I became quite sad.

And Zhen, if you're reading this right now, READ NO MORE ! haha seriously babe, stop reading for a while. Even better, stop reading this post. You'll soon find out why, but NOT through this post. It'll just spoil everything. Okay? OKAY ?! okay ( :

Okay so yes Borders. When I was in Sg, I found this beautiful fuzzy blue journal and I'm head over heels for pretty or unique journals/empty books. Not only do I really like to use them, I actually do like to collect them. And use them once the present one finishes lah. I don't care if my present one has not been filled to the last page with my inner thoughts, if I see a journal I like, I just get it ! Prices are considered of course ( :
And so far, I've only known of one person that pretty much likes journals too though I'm not too sure she's as nutty as me to go collecting journals/notebooks everytime I see a nice one. Wei Zhen. She's quite a writer too. And her favourite colour is blue. She. loves. blue.
So yes. Borders in Sg. Nice journal. BLUE (which I think is the most important factor for Zhen) haha.
And I bought one ! Becausebecause although I'm not that into blue I like the fuzziness and simplicity of the whole thing ! I'm a sucker for felt/suede/corduroy so anything of that likeness just makes me want to get it. But at that time it didn't occur to me that she'll like one. I just got one for my own personal fancy. When I got home I wrote in it. Just the date and then it hit me. Like SMACK !
Haiyoooooo should have gotten one for Zhen. Better yet ! Should not, not have written in the one I got yet so that even though I reallllyy like it, I could give it to her. Sheesssshh. I just know she'd've liked it. Crap la I don't know why I didn't think about it. Normally once I enter a gift shop/bookstore/any shop, my brain starts whirring and looking around for gifts to suit different people's interest and personality. But why why WHY ?!!? did I not think of Zhen this time ?!
Crap, caring as you may be Rachel, you can be so self-absorbed at times. I think it was the hype of shopping in Sg that got to me. Sigh.

Back to my sadness upon entering Borders in Curve, yes, I was reminded of my silly actions. Should have gotten one for her la Rachel, you nut.
Then I don't know what made me turn around and look down and THERE IT WAS !
OH MY GOODNESS I'd never felt this happy/relieved/HAPPY to find something for someone else before. Maybe cos I knew Zhen would have seriously really appreciate it had I gotten one for her. Then, next to the pile of fuzzy deep blue journals, were two piles of fuzzy purple and moss green journals ! Andddd I like ( : I pretty much like this kinda shades of colours like royal purple, maroon, moss green, rust etc. So so so, not only did I manage to buy one for Zhen ! I got the other two colours as well. So happy ! Haha. I find pleasure in simply unexpensive meaningful stuff like that. So I shall wait no more and give it to Zhen next Sunday ( :

To wrap up my day, I got a very girl thing I've searched so much for. I mean it's bad enough that it can be found at limited places, they still just have to place such exorbitant prices on 'em. The metal rotating earring stand. Hahaha it's like 200bucks the last time I saw one in 1u. Desperate as I am in getting one, I just can't part with the money for a whimsical thing such as that. Today at Curve I found a much more reasonably priced one yay ( : Now I don't have to use my handmade ones no more ! I used to make my own earring stands using hard mounting board, nails and hammer. I rmb how I used to so carefully measure the distance between the holes and hammering the nails to make the holes and making sure it was steady and could stand and not flop down and mess up my earrings. Heck I even rmb how I made my own container. Just ever so carefully folding hard board to the correct size and slowly partitioning off the rectangular metals boxes into small compartments. Now I don't have to do it anymore yay ! Found the perfect ones ( : But making your own and producing good results is veryy satisfying yknow.

Haha so that about sums up my day ( : My very happy day shopping for household/interior stuff. I will in Johor from Friday night till Sunday. No internet excess ) : But books to keep me company ! Law and socio books to be exact bahh. What, you thought more Julia Quinn books ? I do have more though tehehehe ! Adrienne lent the rest to me today yay ! Oh, I'm terrible but I just am going to bring them to Johor too haha I don't care : D

Andandand David Chang's 21st birthday is coming up ! 23rd April ( : Wednesday.

Okays so I'm off now, gona fix the board unto the wall and fix the bulb into the lamp and peel the pricetags off the journals and put all my handy stuff into the already compartment-ed container and neatly rearrange all my accessories onto the multipurpose earring stand.
Ah, what a wonderful night ahead ! Eh, I like doing this kinda things wan okay heh It's fun and rewarding to see the end product ( :

So yes Nighters and take care !

4 comments:

yingxian said...

i LOVEEE ikea! :D:D and the meatballs! i go there all the time~!!! :):)

infact i was just there on friday!! :D

Zhen Lim said...

Ohmy. So cute lah you.

I love love love the journal you gave me! Even though I have a long way more to go before finishing my current journal. But I will use it! Haha. & I love the book thong you made for me too!

But most of all I love the person who gave it to me. ;)

See you in college dear!

rchlchng said...

really really ying xian ?? we should go there sometime ! together of course ( : hahaha finally someone else who looves Ikea ! yeay :D
anyways see you in college dear girl !

rchlchng said...

zhen dear ( : hahaa I know, but nvm, you can just look at it everyday until you finish yr current one :D no probs ( : I'm just really glad you like it ( : I love the person who received my gift too ( ;
Congrats on getting the scholarship dear ! So proud of you :D
Yes see you around and don't forget the cds n Julian's harddrive ! Thanks and loves ( :