Monday, April 21, 2008

Make it your last day of the holidays.

Don't plan to do anything except watch tv, more tv, drown myself in music, read myself maim.
I wonder where I'm gona slot these in : study law, revise econs, do my ADR pamphlet.

Gaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm quite peeved right now. I mean I'm having so muchmuch fun importing music from cds into my laptop. Really. I've discovered some really cool music, not your usual Daughtry lah, MCR lah and such. So, pretty much into music that are not that known, bands most people haven't even heard off.
Jack's Mannequin. Grinspoon. The Music. Ben Folds. The Fratellis.

And I'm in search for more !
Yet. Yet I have to get my ass off the bed and onto the chair to study !
Oh, did I mention I've finally downloaded iTunes my laptop and that's why I'm having so much fun importing music and all cos it's so easy with iTunes. I've been forced to use Windows Media Player cos it was the one provided with the laptop and I didn't have the time to download iTunes, and my, does WMP suck haha. So pathetic compared to iTunes.

And I've finallyfinally gotten the codec thing for Windows Media Player, meaning I can finallyfinally watch the downloaded Gossip Girl episodes I've had for a week now. And not forgetting the video of Bonnie's tattoo which is ancient since it was so long ago, but I couldn't watch it until now haha.

How am I everever going to finish watching all of the episodes, import all the songs, read all the books, study my law, do my econs, do my ADR and eat and sleep and dream in 24 hours ?!
Impossible.
We. Need. More. Than. 24hours. A. Day.

Just as I typed out the "We need more than 24hours a day" sentence, it dawned upon me how very selfish I am. I mean, for me, I'm so desperate to have more hours just to fufill all my whims and fancies, all the things I like to do, to fill my hours with pure joy and fun.

But.. what about the people stricken by poverty ? What about the people in third world countries suffering from STDs that were not their fault ? What about those suffering in insane hunger ? What about them, then ?
They can't wait to exhale their last breath. They can't wait for the day to come to an end. They just want to give up, give their lives up because the pain is just too excruciating. It kills them just to see the crack of dawn the next day, because they just can't stand life and what it throws at them anymore. They embrace death if it means that there will no longer be suffering, pain, hunger.
They wish the day would be shorter, with 13 hours perhaps. That way they don't have to go through the whole 24 hours of their life. They don't have to endure things they don't have a choice about.
And here I am, complaining that there're not enough hours in a day.
All because I want to do the things I want to do. Things I have a choice about.
Maybe it's just me, maybe it's not.
Sometimes we're just so ungrateful.

No comments: