Monday, April 14, 2008

Make it an absurd holiday.

I hatehatehate it when I earnestly vowed to do something because I wanted so very much to do it, but in the end feel like just.. not doing it.

It's mighty insane how terribly confused my mind and heart can be at times.
My heart tells, wants me to study. My mind's just so very far away.

Before the 2 week holiday started, I was crazy determined to do nothing else other than study.
Okay fine, not the whole of two weeks la. I'm not that much of a nut la haha ( :

I set my mind and heart straight. Get a week of study at least.
Please, Rachel.

And yet here I am. Caught up in the holidays. If I'm not out, I'm whiling my time away reading all the books under the sun, yes I'm quite a reader, and watching tv/dvds/videos till my eyes give out at the end of the day.
I've at least devoured 4 books, and that includes rereading a classic for the umpteenth time, To Kill A Mockingbird.
I've gone to all the malls you can think of. Except Pavilion haha.
And I've watched almost all the movies that are showing in the cinema and more. Even those not released like random dvds I borrowed from my friend.

One was "O". Just the letter O. It was based on Shakespears' Othello and my, was it a good movie man. It stars Josh Harnett, Julia Stiles and Mekhi Phifer. It's about betrayal and how Hugo(Josh) concocted all sorts of plans for his own gain. Go watch it man. It'll get you furious at him but it's a cool movie. Next we have Awake which is a coolcool movie ! Starring Hayden Christensen and Jessica Alba. It seriously rocks. It's about how the anaesthetic doesn't work when Hayden is in a heart transplant. He can feel pain, hear and is basically awake, but is paralyzed so he can't alert the doctors. When he is "awake" he hears stuff that are realllyyyy not pleasing to the ear. Then I watched Into The Wild which basically just wasted my time lol. Then we have Dan In Real Life. A real heart-warming movie. Also watched Juno which is pretty good. And a few more movies, can't remember the names at the moment haha ( : pretty much the tv addict, I know.

Okay. So. Fine. So I went out alot. But you would think that when I got back at night I'd go through my work/studies right. But I just would find any, any excuse to escape from my studies.
It's like, watch something, Rachel. Anything. Or why not read that Julia Quinn book. Or re-watch Water Horse. Hey, Mockingbird's looking pretty good next to your econs notes, huh.
And there I go, propping myself up against a pillow and reading into the night.
Oh, help me.

I'm into my second week of holidays already and no work has been done.
I did tell myself I would at least do a week of studies though.
So I'm so starting this week even though my Monday, which is today, was spent starting and finishing yet another Julia Quinn book while munching away at my cranberry sandwich, watching tv, surfing channels and going out.

I'm in dire need of discipline but the monster in me says :
Discipline ? Bah, he's nothing. Read that other Julia Quinn book tonight and start your journey with him tomorrow. No big deal.

So, alas, discipline, we will meet tomorrow.

Just so you were wondering, I have a total number of 3 JQ books with me right now, making it a total of 7 books read over the 2 week holiday. Ah, bless me ( :

3 comments:

Fiona Gan said...

reading ur post, suddenly i remember the "time table" you showed me quite some time ago. har har.

Yi Ming said...

omggggg. me too! I told myself, "Okay. I will study law and econs. And look through my Lit analysis again. Yup yup."

Instead right, I've been watching anime and CSI. =.=
NOOOOOOOO. At least I'm halfway through my lit analysis. =D Yayyy.

Oh ya. You don't have lit. D:

rchlchng said...

Fiona ( :
Ehhh you're the only that has seen it okayy haha. so shush up you :D I SHALL stick by it ! hhmmph. you havent been studying now, have you ? tehe

Yi Ming ( :
Hahahaha well ! Looks like I have company in what should have been my quest for knowledge :D but.. naahhh. tv comes first yes ? :D tehe still a few days left dear ! can always study still ( : well done on your lit ( :