Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Make it relive my December.

Ah. Blogging. *sniggers* :D
I havent blogged since 2005, form 3, young and naive. It just so happened that I stumbled upon Adrienne`s blog and found my old blog, which is sadly, very pathetic and not to mention embarrassing. SO, PLEASE delete that blog, Li! :D But yeah, it`s a new year and I`ve decided to just start all over again and this time, make sure not to neglect this blog.
So, even as I type this entry, I`m watching the english premier league with my brother (: arsenal vs west ham united and YES arsenal is leading 2-0. Yay. It`s already 85 mins into the match and well, let`s just hope WHU does not score, yeah? heh. ManU is against birmingham on the other side and its 1-0. Darn. Haha. Anyways, football aside, I`ll just go through year 2007 as lived by me (:

Can`t really remember every single detail from the beginning of the year so I`ll just recap December (: After spm, it was pretty much quite exciting cos first, my brother came back from aussieland hooray. And secondly, well, the whole of my December was super insane packed. First came Johor, then Singapore, Mantin, Port Dickson, prom, Christmas and Christmas party on my birthday (:

My family and I headed down to Johor on the 2nd for my gram`s bday, and from there headed to Sg from the 4th-7th. Sg is seriously a crazy insane cool place. The first thing that struck me was, hey, there`re no rempits around. haha I mean my mum and I could actually walk around orchard feeling safe. There was no need to cling on tighter to our handbags and worrying about kapchai`s zooming from behind and snatching jewellery. Next thought was, goodness me, everyone in Sg has style yo! Like no one comes out in shabby shorts and stained tees. Majority of the guys wore skinnies and at first it was weird. Normally here in msia, only rempits wear skinnies tucked into combat boots. But there, it was like, melayu+cina+india semua pakai skinnies. haha. And they looked good (: most of the time, that is. Truthfully speaking, I wasn`t so awed by the malls in Sg. I mean, yeah, they sold quirky stuff and brands you can`t find here, but otherwise, it was pretty must a replica of our malls. They didn`t have ramli`s burger ): haha but generally, the food there was okay.

And so I returned to msia on the 7th, unpacked and repacked as I`d be away from the 8th-13th. Teenstreet Asia. Insane cool camp at Mantin, Neg. Sembilan. It was my first time, so yeah, MASSIVE excitement. haha. People from all over Asia came and it was just great to see so many new faces and different personalities sprout out. The one thing that impacted me so much was the Shhh 0.5. Shhh time was included in our daily schedule for half and hour every morning. It was a time where NO ONE talked, though I did a little (; It was just a time to reflect. A time to stop, and just look around and appreciate what you see, hear, feel, smell, touch. The trees. The rain. That little squirrel that jumped from branch to branch. The pitter patter of the raindrops. The smell of the grass. The feel of the moss. The way the ants crawled on their teeny weeny legs. The movement of the clouds. It was all MAGNIFICENTLY made by God. And it just got me thinking, if we just slowed down for half and hour in our hectic schedule everday and observe our surroundings, we should really be thankful for what we have. What God has provided for us, for our comfortable lives. Teenstreet for me was a totally different experience. New bonds of friendship were made. New lives were carved. New mindsets were made. It was insane cool. And I hope to go back next year!

So after I got back on the 13th, it was youth camp for me from the 14th-17th! Haha, it was superduper packed and yes, I somehow had enough clothes to wear :D Youth Camp. Transform Us. It was GREAT. Held at Port Dickson, we had access to the beach and well, it was great fun. We went on the banana boat :D ALL the fifth formers were there! For once in a long long time. One morning I woke up early about 6.00, when group devotion only started at 7.30 :O I wanted to head down to the beach and just do my quiet time. Nat was up with me and together, we headed down the stairs and sat on a tembok sort of thing. Watching the waves and hearing it crash down against the shore was one of the best times I had at camp. Why? Cos the waves were crashing down relentlessly, neverending, omnipresent. and I just thought, if anyone of us tried to stop the waves from coming and the sea from moving, it would be totally impossible. I mean seriously, think about it. What can mere men do? Build a wall? But that would NOT stop the waves from coming. The undercurrent is just there. It can never ever be stopped by mere humans. And when I was thinking of this, the waves I was watching were calm and small and harmless. And I could do nothing, nothing to stop those small waves from coming. BUT, though we cant do it, God can. He who calms the RAGING SEAS has no problem whatsoever in stopping the calm, small waves. That, is seriously insanely MAGNIFICENT. He can make the waters STILL. Not even a ripple present. Who else can do that? God is AWESOME. Absolutely INCREDIBLE.

I got back from camp at 5pm on the 17th and my PROM is at 7.30pm on the 17TH. Haha. So there was no time to do hair and nails and the other stuff. It was just bathe and dress up. Haha. Denise dear (: was with me and together we went for SMKSJ prom 2007, Rockafella Vintage at Sheraton Subang. Prom was okay, pretty much the usual stuff. Dancing was great fun though :D And my, can benny foo dance! haha it was a time to let down our hair and just relax with friends. The next day, a good 7 inches of hair were chopped off and yup, it`s short hair for me now, after 17 years of long hair (:

Next, came Christmas and it. was. just. great. Most of us wore dresses and had a great time of fellowship (: the christmas play rocked! Hann, Zhen and I were in charged backstaged, or to put it literally, UPstage. Haha we were high HIGH HIGH up. Like if we looked down, it was the stage, and we could see the top of people`s heads. Zhen who was dressed in a super cool corduroy cheongsam was, I think, burning up. Haha. cos it was hot, but not THAT hot, up there. AND she wore leggings. So three of us were up there managing the lighting and props in all our Christmas dresses, tie and long-sleeved top for Hann. Though it was hot, it was really great to be a part of the play (: we worked well together too :D though Zhen`s prop curtains got screwed up for the WHOLE WORLD to see. HAHA. My bro kept on saying that when he saw the screwed up curtains, sure confirm Ju-Hann wan. Haha. Good times. Oh yeah, my bro is now in crutches. Had a knee op on the 10th of dec, so yeah, crutches for 6 weeks.

After Christmas, it was the Christmas party on the 29th :D well I was playing bass for Zhen who was worship leading and after games, we headed into the hall for worship and LITTLE DID I KNOW that miss Lim Wei Zhen had earlier planned to sing the birthday song for me IN FRONT of everyone. gasp. Haha. But the bestbestbest thing was, I ended up playing bass for my own birthday song haha. Funny lah. Worship team consisted of Zhen as worship leader and Julian as co, Dana on accoustic, Sophie on electric, me on bass, Eunice on piano and Kong Weng on drums. For once, girls outnumber the guys :D haha. We headed down to the second hall for dinner and oh wow, ROASTED LAMB! fuhhh, mouth-watering good ol' lamb. So we ate and talked and it`s just so great to spend time with all the youth. At about 9.30pm Hann and I were talking bout school and results and stuff AND haha, around the corner came Zhen holding a cake, secret recipe cake, with 17 candles with dancing flames. Mim and the others were there too and it was just insane cool. Thanks so so much guys. Really appreciate it (: pictures were taken and candles were pushed real low into the cake to be taken out by mouth. Bless them souls who ate the cake after that haha. Saliva could have ter-dripped down HAHA :DD
Them babes are the best and really, love you peeps!

Well, that about wraps up my December (; which was undoubtly a greatgreatgreat one. A whole new year lies ahead with new obstacles and challenges but hey, God is with me every step I take and nothing is impossible with God. So yeah! A very happy new year to you all and God bless!

AND OH YEAH! SWITCHFOOT IS COMING TO MALAYSIA!!!

No comments: