Friday, February 6, 2009

Make it the most fabtastic movie.


Inkheart is the most most MOST perfect movie ever. For me.
Hmm but I really like Transformers too. Different genre lah ya.

Caught it today and omgosh lah
I love it.
I absolutely love it.
I absolutely absolutely love it.

Minor drawback : it didn't really follow the book in the beginning(as usual sigh), but the ending was just too splendid.

Everything was exactly how I imagined it would be ! Haha, normally I'd think how a character would look like what and what but they never turn out to look how I imagined them to be, especially Mad Eye Moody from Harry Potter haha.

But in Inkheart, everything is so wonderful. So so wonderful. The characters just came to life and omgosh the scenery !! I tell you, Elinor's castle is really just insane beautiful ! I think it was shot in Italy. And the surrounding scenery is drop dead gorgeous. That's without a doubt my favourite scenery scene. Especially when the camera films the overview of the lake and the huge ancient brick-walled builiding with creepers all over it and zooms in on the tea scene.

The next best for me would actually be the beginning, where Mo and Meggie scour the snowy cobbled streets of England with tenement houses on both sides where there's a book fair going on and everyone's in jackets and boots and the snow's falling and the streets & houses just look so so pretty. I just get so happy when I see these kinda cinematography. Beautiful.

Oh and the characters ! Love the actors, even Branden Fraser, cos I just realized he's perfect for the role mainly cos he has quite a nice tenor in his voice(important to play the role of Silvertongue) plus he's tall. I was most most impressed with Dustfinger. He's my favouritest character both in the book and movie and I think that Paul Bettany just did a fantastic job as Dustfinger. His height is definitely a plus point. The scene where he has his flashback of his former life in the book he was read out of just blew me away. There were jugglers and fire eaters, women and men dressed elaborately with masks dancing with folk-like music at a carnival and with jongleurs present. The music gave me goosebumps too. There were such haunting melodies at certain parts, during his flashback too.

Helen Mirren played Aunt Elinor exactly how she should be played; eccentric & blunt. And Farid, haha ! He was not bad man ! A bit, if I may say, gay, but played his role really well ! From being a thief in a turban & pants worthy of Aladdin to a guy with a button-down top and paired with maroon Chucks man ! (can be seen during the roof jumping/climbing scene) Fenoglio tickled all our tummies with his comments and untimely happiness. I think everyone laughed the loudest when he said : "This is exactly how I pictured him(Dustfinger) to be ! My, this must be the feeling of giving birth !" You'll prolly only understand it if you watch the show haha.

Even the baddie's castle was so amazingly captured. It had such a mysterious air to it and the cinematography when they were climbing up the hill to the castle took my breath away. I literally gasped when Capricorn's kaki trooped Dustfinger, Mo, Meggie and Elinor into the main builiding and turned the corner into this beautifully lit corridor with fire torches and black and white zigzag flooring with wonderful arches above. And Flatnose was also exactly how I pictured him to be ! Only one that I found weird was Basta, not ganas enough lol. But Gwin was perfect with his two little horns. I really liked Cockerell too, played by Matt King.

Those who are not big fans of fantasy (actually it's not really that fantasy lar, it has action, adventure, family values etc) may not like it but I'd recommend the movie all the same :) :) But you should read the book first ! Lol and I can't wait for Inkspell the movie to come out. Brr (excited shivers) lol.


The complete trilogy.
My Inkheart's cover's not this one though, cos mine's the oldest so I think they majukan the design with new publications.
Inkdeath just released last Dec !

On a side note:

I finally got my hands on pictures of my own birthday do in 2007 lol ! It was a surprise thing so that's why I didn't have my camera then bah. And I was really surprised man, normally always tak jadi, bocor here bocor there but thanks to Mim & Zhen who planned it so well, I didn't even get a whiff of all your scheming haha. They even had the Secret Recipe lady put Smarties on the cake ! I have no idea why haha, I don't particularly like Smarties but I don't mind them either :) But it was so sweet of them :) :) :) And it was so colourful and just looking at it is so menggembirakan. I still remember talking to Ju-Hann at the court at night about basketball and Add Math lol when they came round the corner with all 17 tiny candles lit and singing at the top of their lungs lol ! I think we were having a Christmas party then hee. Thank you so much lah you guys. Again. Haha.

4 comments:

yingxian said...

hahaha can i borrow the book please? :D sounds awesome! :D:D hahaha

rchlchng said...

Sure sureeee :) :) :)

But I think the movie captures the scenery better than the book hee.

See you Monday honey !

William said...

helloh! hmm i didn't really like the movie actually, i found it a little boring? &&& i thought the ending was a little sot, haha.
then again, maybe because i didn't read the book, so yeah :)
&&& Helen Miren did a good job in playing such a fussy role, haha, she was entertaining.

rchlchng said...

Alarr :( :(
Haha !
Yeah, I kinda think it's because I read the book and I kinda have an affinity with it so that made me like it more ? Hee.
I just love the forests and castles and lakes :)
I thought the ending was great cos it was exactly like the book ! Really man they stayed true to it :D
I know, right ? She's all fussy and prissy hahaha.
I heard you going Melb ?
Always nice to hear from you :)