Thursday, January 22, 2009

Make it the lone white pawn.

Firstly, thank you Chang Jia Wei ! (:
For enlightening me on how fabtastic making your own header banners is hee.
Thanks for the link (; and I just realized I used the same font as you lol
And congrats againagain on your ant's attack !!
My Ant's Antenna is Burnt lor. LOL.

Lol just spent the last 30 minutes messing around with the layout of my blog, obviously, since even the background is a totally different colour. Not too happy with it yet, but time is of the essence, so I'll tweak it more when I have the time lol

Oh and thank you to Carishma for the picture. It's my favourite too out of the lot (:

What really struck me was the enormous weight that is placed on the lone white pawn.
I don't know what it really means; is the pawn supposed to defeat all the black chess pieces (how it's going to do that I don't know wei lol) ?
Or is it supposed to just stay alive by randomly moving about ?
Or, maybe, it is supposed to stay alive, but only to make sure its race (the whiteys) does not become extinct on that vast chessboard.

I don't know if it means to fight for victory no matter what, or to place more importance on self-preservation.

But I do know this. The whole situation on the chessboard above represents a situation many of us, if not all, have gone through before and may go through in the future.
Sometimes it seems that we're alone, with no one astride, facing the enemy head on. And it doesn't help that they are in such great numbers.

The enemy could take the form of anything.
Us against studies.
Us against real enemies.
Us against friends.
Us against hurdles we need to pass to get to a certain goal.

But, to me, the ultimate enemy takes the form of sin. Or more accurately temptation.
Us against temptation; money, love, vanity, suicide, sex, alcohol etc.

This is vividly captured in the video, Lifehouse - Everything, which you can watch on Lim Ying Xian's blog (go check it out man, it's insane cool) January 15th post. It's only 5.33mins long but the values infused in it is so powerful it really, quote YX, tugs at your heart strings. It shows perfect examples of temptation that the girl goes through.

So yeah. I guessed that's why I'm using it as my header, to show that we will always face obstacles in life, often times alone, physically, that is.

But hopefully we will be like the white pawn, facing our enemies head on (though it's hard to tell cos it may be facing the other way to start running I wouldn't know, the pawn looks the same from every angle lol but I believe it is facing them head on :D ), and with God on our side, nothing is impossible, though it may seem so.

4 comments:

yingxian said...

beautifully typed rach luv. :)

rchlchng said...

Oh thank you ! :) :) :)
Did you see my A Bulimic Ant ?? HEE
I duno why, I find it so funny when I read it again LOL.

See you tmwww hun !

izzat alhadjri said...

"My Ant's Antenna is Burnt lor. LOL"

oh my god lah. so funny wey. its okay.

you will get An Amazing Ant.

rchlchng said...

Yay !
Thanks Izzat hee :D

An Amazing Ant sounds so nice wei.
As in the phrase itself heehee.

You're in Kluang today ! Maybe we'll bump into each other :) and also the person whose ant attacked an aeroplane lol !

Ttys ! And remember to text/call m e if you get ANY news ok !
Thanks :)