Saturday, February 9, 2008

Make it at the reunion dinner.

Every year I have to balik Johor. Every year I`m faced with that language barrier.
Every year I dread it, just a tad. Every year it`s so hard to fit in.
But..

WOW.
What a Chinese New Year this year.

I guess it`s cos we`re all older now, that we can actually communicate and savour our "cousin moments". It was a greatgreat new year this year, for me :D

Before this, it`s like my Johor cousins speak mandarin, and my brother and I will just stone in the room, only showing our faces during meals.

But this year..

It`s like wahhh, we connected man ! Maybe it`s cos I gave up being perfect. I just whacked whatever mandarin I know, rojak with English and Melay, and they, too, just whacked only :D
Of course, it was obviously me who had to try and fit in and conform and do most of the mandarin-ing. But that aside, catching up and exchanging news with one another were really cool (: Try it sometime if you haven`t already.



The girls with granny, ah ma.

Fuiyoh, ah yeh calling for secret meeting or smtg. Tehe
Girls with grandpa, ah yeh.
Haha, cousin :D
Random fishies (:
I look tall. But I am anyway :D Haha

The guys with grandpa, ah yeh.






LoveLoveLove x

No comments: