Saturday, September 12, 2009

Every girl should go check out Cotton On & Rubi!! Hehehe :DD

They're now open (finally) in Pavilion!! Which is the first mall in Malaysia to carry that brand I think lol.

It's pretty cheap actually, but I guess a little more here than if you convert directly from AUD. Tax blabla, yknow.

When I was in Aussie, both these shops were available almost anywhere, selling some of the cheapest clothing. Quality a bit suspect lah lol but pretty decent stuff.

Cotton On had tops that were like 10 AUD which was reaallyy murah. Now, don't you go converting & times how much etcetc cos basically, if you're given 100 AUD to spend, 10 AUD is nothing la.
I got one of those military/cadet caps for... 1 AUD. Hahahaha. Then there're skirts for 10/15 AUD and their own shoes (which are mostly supplied by Rubi). They sell bags too and scarves haha.

Rubi on the other hand, is this insane store that sells unimaginable numbers of ballet flats. And other shoes (heels, strappy sandal flats etcetc) But majority ballet flats. And they're affordable!! I paid 7.90 AUD for a pair and there were some like 2 for 25 AUD etcetc. Plenty of choices available, patterns like checks, solid colours, polka dotes, suede material, stars etcetc. Again, quality a bit suspect haha but boleh tahan la, I mean, mine're still in good shape ehehe. :)

Can't wait to check them out soon! Wonder if the variety in the store here is as maju as the ones in the land down under. Heard the prices here are like 2 for RM50 in Rubi so... Okay laa.. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates on my driving life (haha) :

I drive everyday now. And Federal is perpetually jam no matter how early you enter it. Okay la, maybe if you get on it like.. 5am then it'll be clear lol. But 6 onwards.. It's moving, but like crawling lol. So. Not fun. But boleh tahan. Lol. Oh btw, it takes me 30min to get to uni now :)))

I like to be early, not just on time, but early, because then I'm not stressed and my day starts off well. So upon reaching uni, I have to find a parking spot which is not a problem at 7.15am and this leaves me in a pretty good mood which is vital in order for me to absorb and study whatever that's being taught that day. I'm happy. :)

Now, on days when my classes start at 12 noon.... I am not in a good mood. Lol. Because, by 8am, all, and I mean ALL, the parking spaces are taken up. So when I reach uni at 11ish, I basically have to go round & round & round for 30min, (just imagine watching the clock in yr car go from 11.30 to 12 noon) sometimes more, praying that somebody's class ends at that time. And then, there're so many other ppl who have classes at 12 noon too who also drive to contend with. So, about 7 cars going round & round like a merry-go-round, fighting for 1 space. Quite pathetic, very stressful. I don't like. It leaves me flustered & annoyed lol.

So, I will reach at 10am next time. And even though I'll still get stressed cos of insufficient parking, it won't be so bad cos I won't be rushing for class. And I'll at least have half an hour or so to unfluster myself haha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh btw, I skidded the other day. It doesn't sound scary but what I mean is, if I didn't stop skidding, confirm hit the car in front sorta thing. Babi lah the car (or rather, driver) in front of me. It was a gold Avanza. I was a safe distance away from it (duno if lady or guy so don't care), on the fast lane. And I'm usually quite focused when I drive, cos I'm aware that accidents are really quite real even though you may think it will never ever happen to you.

Was travelling about 100km/hr I think. Suddenly, out of no where, the it in front, jammed on the brakes yknow. Like jammed jammed yknow. JAMMED!!! Not the brake-lights-come-on-then-car-slowing-down situation yknow. Literally jammed-on-the-brakes-till-car-jerk-forward-noticably-and-body-flung-forward-cos-of-major-inertia type of jam yknow.

Babi I thought got WHAT in front yknow, dead cow or smtg, since it braked so suddenly and it was going at 100km/hr too I think. So, naturally, I jammed on the brakes too, and can feel the car sort of stopped, but travelling forward. Those of you who've skidded before would know the feeling. You know you've braked, and your car's not accelerating anymore, but your car's just going forward on it's own accord. Basically, skidding la. Can hear sound somemore. Of tyres skidding on road.

Then, as suddenly as it occurred, the it in front let go of the brakes and joyously went on with it's journey. Like, HALLO?!!! I mean, are you out of your mind??? Nothing also simply jammed on brakes, you think at the back nobody isit. >:( It may sound like nothing, but really, skidding is scary cos you don't know if your car can stop in time. It's like, something you can't control cos you're already on the brakes and the car's just going, until it stops. Like, horizontal free-falling, yknow? Hahahha. But yeah, serious stuff. I don't like. Early morning also wana do this kinda dangerous slash lame stunts. Super menyampah urgh. Feel like punching it's face. >:(

No comments: