Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Make it slice your gum open.


Right. So. I said I'd update frequently once my trials are over yes ( :
Haha so yup, I shall fire away.
Made a list, and saw that I have about 10 things to talk about lol.
So I'm going to post a few posts a day, bout memorable & eventful happenings, and not jam the whole blog with like 10 entries in one day lol.

Sitting here like an almost invalid with a rather delicately sore gum, I've decided to start with my Melaka trip with the family & Steffen.
Oh and my title's nothing morbid or sadistic. It's just actually my current condition right now, or should I say what happened this morning. But that's a different story. Will talk about it after the Melaka post tehe.


Okay. If you remember, Steffen is my brother's Norwegian friend whom he brought back from Aussie who stayed with us for approximately 10 days.
Hahaha I still remember the very first time I met him. I came home after my driving instructor sent me back, barged into my front door like some maniac and just started rambling on & on about my JPJ test. Then I saw my mother staring at me, and my brother "LOL-ing".
Wah, very funny isit hearing me describe my annoying experience with JPJ huh HUH.
Then...

"Yes. So. This is my daughter, Rachel."

I walked further in (was talking off my shoes at the front door that time), and saw Steffen seated comfortably on the sofa who was totally (seriously !) out of my range of vision at that time lol !

"OH. Right. Hello !"
"Hi."

So here he is :


Hahahahah I remember myself monologuing the whole time in my head :
"Oh ya whatthecrap lah Rachel. He's arriving today rememberr.
And you come barging in like a baffoon.
Didn't even properly say Hello.
Have to rave on & on & on about something he's never even heard about.
What a way to greet a guest. Such a good host you are.
I don't think he knows what JPJ stands for anyway.
Well, of course he wouldn't know lah !
He's from Norway lah woman !"

Lol so funny wei : D
So in the duration of the 10 days, we went to some malls here, Melaka and Steffen & Dav headed up to Penang. He was pretty sick of malls by the time he reached Malaysia cos he was in Singapore before this and his host there positively brought him to most of the malls there. And he prefers history & nature & photography so yeah Melaka was good for him I think. I hope lol.

We had Pelita's food before we left for Melaka

and I had to sit in between those 2 boys who made it impossible for me to sleep hahaha.
Pinching each other & whacking each other & making Achmed jokes & YARRR jokes.
LOL to them lah.

Our first stop was of course, A'Famosa fort
Lol my bro looks short but Steffen's actually 6"3 so hahah you should see me next to him.
I look tiny. So yeah anyone would look short next to him lol.

Just a pic before we went up up up.
I felt so bad for the beggar on the right there. I didn't mean to capture him cos he may not like it but I wanted the dudes to be in the middle so yeah, terpaksalah. Kemaafan lol.

I don't know why we were all lined up lol.

We got out of the fort and the view was really nice, as always.
I think Steffen really liked it, away from all the hustle and bustle of the city.


Oh and this tower thing is super maju okay. It's for tourists to go right up to the tower to have a spectacular overview of Melaka ! They sit in the round disc-like thing and once the disc-like thing reaches the top, it rotates for at least 15 mins I think, so no matter where you're seated, everyone gets equal chance of seeing 360 ( : Pretty cool for Melaka ey. It's exactly like the Solero Shot in Genting where it goes up and people hang up there to check out the view. Except that it's not open air lah but covered with glass, and the returning to Earth speed la duh. If the Melaka one is like the Genting wan omg, all the ah ma & ah kong will die la of heart attack etc. Even my parents will bong la what more elderly tourists.

These 2 shots are really nice, Dav took 'em.

My dad looks as if he just conquered Melaka or something lol, sitting there looking at the whole Melakan scene hahaha. Alfonso D'Albuquerqe (spelling ?) much ? lol.

Okay so that was the oh-so-famous fort yes. Next up we went to the museum.
I totally never get tired of the museum yknw, even though I'm been there like manymany times d haha.

There're soo many more posed pics like this that you don't wana see hahaha.


Hahahaha ! Do you get this picture ?? It's actually just a painting on the wall, but my dad as you can see is trying to like yknw, act as if he's really sitting down when he's actually just sitting on air. A bit fail lah cos his left hand doesn't look like it's actually resting on the table. So funny to see him half squatting in a museum tehe.

We soon got to Jonker's Street and had lunch or brunch or tea, can't remember lol : D
At Geographer.

We walked on a bit after that since the day was pretty cool, no scorching sun etc.
And we found quite a nice place and decided to take a breather. It's actually quite cosy with a nice view.



As usual as cheeky 20-smtg year olds go, they soon got creative.
More like trying to be in a circus of smtg lol.
Would've actually joined them haha ! had I not been wearing a skirt. I so would have been able to
so limber across haha.
They so died after like what, 10 seconds. Less even haha. Their centre of gravity too high la haha.

So ngam, we went when the Saint Pedro's festival was going on and decided to check it out.

It was by the sea so the breeze was superb. Didn't stay for dinner though.


We then heard that there was going to be a boat show ! Wanted to stay for it so we asked around and mana tau it was supposed to be going on right then. Puzzled, as we just came from the sea and didn't see any boats, we asked about the location of the show. They then showed us this :

That's the boat show for you ladies & gentlemen.
So super lol right. It should be called showcasing of boats or boat exhibition or smtg else but boat show lah. We all interpreted it as like a show show you know. Lol.

It was bout 7 smtg then and getting dark so bertolak back for Subang lor.
The ride back was not as kacau as the ride there haha.
Cos feeling drained & tired but just a last shot before we snoozed.
Constipated face, I know. Lol.

All in all it was a pretty fun trip. New experiences for Steffen & also showing off our Melaka to someone who had never seen it before was pretty cool.
The pics were mostly taken of Steffen cos my bro was hogging the camera so all of our pics, meaning my bro's & mine I think, are in Steffen's camera which is obviously with him in Norway now, meaning that I don't have any lol.

So yes, the Melaka trip has been blogged about and tomorrow, tomorrow shall be bout my bro's departure back to Aussie.

Today, TODAY was an annoying day.

Went for surgery to extract my wisdom tooth at 11am. It took approximately 30 min.
I'm totally fine with the procedure, not really disturbed by the fact that they cut through your gum like sawing beef (as FionaGan so delicately put it haha !) or that they drill the tooth to crack it in pieces before they take it out separately and you can feel pieces of tooth flying around your mouth & sticking to your lelangit (as FionaGan also told me) or that the sound of the drill is just traumatic.

The only 2 things I'm actually scared of is :
1) The injections cos I hate shots cos they hurt duh. Especially mouth ones.
2) That the freaking anaesthetic will either not be enough, or wear off in the middle of the surgery.

Number 2 totally happened. Sheesh.
Number 1 was not that bad. Tahan only and it was soon over. 3 shots which was supposed to last 45 mins. Fine right since it only takes 30 min to slice up my gum, open it like how people open up the chest to do open heart surgery.

But noo, my tooth has to be so unconventional that it's practically horizontal under the gum. No life lah my tooth I tell you lol. So it's not that the anaesthetic wore off I guess, more like not enough cos they had to dig deeper and deeper to take the whole tooth out without cracking it into pieces first. So the anaesthetic didn't cover the nerves behind behind there so I could feel pain.

It wasn't very painful la actually, just a bit of aching pain that got worse a bit. So I didn't want it to get any worse so I raised my left hand and asked for more anaesthetic. Okay I didn't ask for it lah but I said it was pain and she gave me 3 more shots which I didn't feel a thing cos my whole gum was numb anyway.

Because of the horrible position of the tooth, my gum was sliced up not only above the postition of the wisdom tooth but also the whole length of the tooth in front of it and a bit of the insides of my cheek was cut up. Why lah mine has to so difficult lol.
So I have plentiful of nice black stitches now.
The numbness has gone so hopefully swelling would be minimal tmw. PLS man. Haha

I couldn't get any nice pics cos didn't wana open my mouth too big, pain lah.
So these are the ones I got which do not look so bad here but in real life it's worse haha.
Pics may be disgusting to some haha.

You can't really see the stitching that's right behind the last tooth though.

And you can see the stitches where the gum was sliced up right till the front tooth below.
The stupid tooth that caused me so much trouble sheesh haha.


That's just my lower left side. Still have 2 more to go. Yay me. Bahh.
So yes till tmw then ( :
It's not like I have anything better to do anyway since my gum would prolly swell & I can't go out and eat lovely food. So yes, shall be home typing away.
I'll have ice-cream & yoghurt & cereal to accompany me so it's totally fine ( :

Enjoy the rest of your night, you people with non-swollen, non-sensitive, non-sliced up and non-stitched up gums ! Haha ( :



9 comments:

yingxian said...

hello rachunz! :)
hahaha... did you bring him to eat the deliciously famous chicken rice balls?? :D

plus. you blog exactly like the way you talk weihhh... LOL

rchlchng said...

YINGXIANNNN !! ( :
haha Rachunz lol ! That's creative :D
We wanted to ! Cos there's one in Jonker's Street right, but it was packed packed packed ! And we were starving, so went to the other nearest one. But he had Penang food ( :

Hahahah I do ? Are you suree. lol !
You should read my bro's blog then. Fiona says the way we talk is the same -.- haha meaning he blogs the way he talks too lol.
It seems my mum & I talk the same too lol lah.

rchlchng said...

BenJon ! If you're reading this, haha I didn't know you were a follower of my blog ! Thanks so much ( : Lol, at least I have 1 ! Good to know ( : How can I be a follower of your blog ? Click where ? hahaha.

Fiona Gan said...

haha ur father is so cute. especially with the table foto! me likey! and btw, i cant digest how ur father and mother result in you. not in an insulting way. cause i dun see ur mother and father in you. as in, muka. haha! sooo anyways. hehe. update more. AND CAN YOU PLEASE WATCH YOUR MOUTH. OMGWTFBBQ!!!

yingxian said...

awwwh!! :D I LOVE chicken rice balls!!! :D:D they are awesome awesoe awesomeeeee!! :D heheeee! :D
kla penang food compensates for it, only if you go to the right places ;) hahahaha

Fiona Gan said...

hello deih. you're not exactly updating more frequently? hahaha!

Addy said...

haha. yes yes. he is tall. i remember seeing your bro coming into the youth hall (me was ushering) and then i was like *whoa* who's this dood? eh eh. come on lah. not many ppl can actually make me have that kind of reaction. teehehee. =D

and youuuu didn't tell me you were gonna take out your wisdom tooth on tuesday last sundayyy!!! when i was literally screaming over joe. xD

Zhen Lim said...

Ohmygosh Rach the pictures of your wisdom tooth was SO NOT necessary!

rchlchng said...

YX : Oh ok !! Then we shall go eat together sometime ? You can show me where's the bestt ( : Haha yeah, if you knw the right places in Penang. Gurney road all tak boleh pakai. Only for the atmosphere hahaha : D

FG : HAHAHA ! My face's shape is so from my mom. Got my dad's jaw, very narrow that's why no place for wisdom tooth hahaha. And lol ! I'm not doing anything crazy la ! Can eat wan those food wan ! Lol. It's healing pretty well now anyways : D

Li : Hahaha yayaya you very tall okay enough. Lol ! Duno, too engrossed in th movie liow hahahha.

Zhen : Haha sorry my dear ! But I'm kinda okay with these kinda pics, so I don't mind. Sorry to you though ! And ppl like you too. Haha but it's not that bad, you should have seen the ones where it was still oozing blood hahahah : D