Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So many months have passed and it's already nearing the end of July now.

Where did all that time go?

Exams have come and gone, results are out (I met the requirements needed, thank God), and my first year as a university student has come to an end. Wow.

If past experiences are anything to go by, then time really flies. But somehow I find that time has come to a standstill these few months leading up to September.

I actually don't know how I feel. Conflicted, really. I honestly can't wait for September to come as the UK comes with it (if all goes well) and a whole new adventure awaits me. But at the same time, I'm leaving so much behind. However, at this moment, it seems to me that the excitement outweighs all other feelings by just a little.

And with the UK comes the English Premier League(I HAVE to watch at least ONE live game!!) :D and the Olympics in 2012!!

With the UK also comes a chance to explore and see the world, starting with the UK itself and hopefully Europe. The expenses issue, yeah, a huge setback. Many things are lined up though, all uncertain but bursting with promise.

I can finally visit Miss Tiong in Edinburgh <3 and Miss Lim in London <3 and definitely my auntie and cousin in Ireland whom I have not seen for quite a while now! I hope you guys are doing great by the way!! Ireland's also home to, well, not my favourite author, but an author whose books I've read and really liked. Cecelia Ahern. And London's home to Ken Follett. I'm a huge hugeee fan.

Sigh, I have this idealistic view of life in the UK (blame the English classics and old Victorian movies) but I guess for now, it's time to get back to reality and see if all this works out, if all this is part of God's plan for me. In the weeks ahead, my full attention will be given to settling my Visa stuff, and then, we'll see where we go from there. :)

No comments: